Cartoon Reviews

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Betty Boop Socks

Socks can be pretty unexciting, unless they're Betty Boop socks. It's too bad I can't show off in these manly knee-highs around my friends, as the socks appear to be too small, and I don't want to risk stretching out and damaging them.

Betty's image on the gray pair is charmingly pixelated, which I imagine is for ease of manufacturing, but as someone who grew up on classic Nintendo, it makes me wonder why we never had a Betty Boop game on the NES. There's a couple of recent mobile game apps featuring Betty Boop that I enjoyed, including Betty Boop Bop, Betty Boop Beat, and Dress Betty Boop. In Betty Boop Bop there is a classic gaming homage level that's also kind of Tron-ish called Biterial Girl that contains some rocking chip-tune music. Check it out if you can.
From Keep In Style (1934)

No comments:

Post a Comment