Cartoon Reviews

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Betty Boop Flask and Betty Boop's First Emoji

A charming little Betty Boop flask is a novelty I can't turn away from. I've only drank from it twice, just for the experience, otherwise I envision the cheap sticker adhesion eventually peeling off due to the liquid seeping into it. I already damaged it a little when I rinsed it out.

I don't actually carry a flask with me in public though. I'm more of a dry red wine at home with a Paul Naschy movie kind of person.

Sadly, I am allergic to beer. It causes a delayed allergic reaction where my nose turns into a runny faucet, my chest itches, and my airways tighten. Not fun... (Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, I'm allergic to white wine but not red wine, hmmm) 

I only drink spirits on special occasions like on holidays or as a celebratory drink, or two. I mostly enjoy sipping J&B Scotch straight or a smooth vodka like Sloop Betty, which has no affiliation with Betty Boop, but the bottle (right side of the image) still reminded me of her. After finishing up a new review to post on my other site, At the Mansion of Madness, I like to celebrate with a Tangueray and tonic. During outdoor barbecues for some reason I like whisky with Pepsi.

Speaking of Pepsi, the first Betty Boop emoji was created in time for World Emoji Day (today, July 17th) and is available on the #PepsiMoji smart phone app. I don't know if this is an issue with the Android app, but currently the emoji can only be used as a shared image, which I find disappointing. I love the image, but I really would like to use it in text messages and in social media text (not just as a sticker, but a text character). I hope the folks at #PepsiMoji eventually make that possible. That or I just don't know how to use the #PepsiMoji Keyboard right.


No comments:

Post a Comment