Cartoon Reviews

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Betty Boop Travel Drawstring Jewelry Pouch

While at an arts and crafts festival, I spotted this item at a distance. As I got closer, I started to think it was a Betty Boop shower cap. How embarrassed I was when the lady selling it told me it was not a shower cap but a jewelry travel pouch with several small inner pockets lining the side interior and that could close up when you pull the two side drawstrings. I didn't approve of the implicit gambling theme, with the red and white dice and the word 'lucky' regularly spread around the exterior, but I made an exception here and assumed that Betty's just lucky all around. What's special about this is that it is not a stock item but a unique handmade item crafted from a kind lady, who was showing me a lot of different designs, but I told her that I was only interested in the Betty Boop one. Since I don't have any jewelry, the pouch now sits atop my PS4 and is home to my Dragon Quest Blue Slime Plush and a few other items that occupy some of the inner pockets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment